Glad to see lots of people have logged in and checked things out. I've really enjoyed reading people's comments and stories so far. Remember, you can create an entire post with a story too. Just choose "New post" from the options in the upper right corner when you're viewing the blog.
So this a story I just remembered the other day when chatting with my mom at Target. Very random, but kind of funny.
Target run
So one summer day, while over at the Schoberg's (when they lived on Sherburne), Morning asked Andrew and I if we would be willing to walk to Target and get her a few things. She was doing daycare and didn't want to pack up all of the kids, and since Andrew and I didn't have much else to do, a walk to Target sounded as fun as anything else.
We took her list and money and headed up to Target. As we arrived we opened her list and began piling items into the cart. About half way through the list we came across certain feminine products that, at just about 12 years old or so, neither one of us was thrilled to be seen picking up at target. We circled that particular aisle for at least 10 minutes, arguing back and forth about who had to go grab the pack and put them in our cart. Andrew insisted I should have to because I was the girl, but I insisted he had to because they were for his mom. We finally agreed that one of us would go down the aisle and grab them, and the other would be in charge of paying for them (and our other items) at the checkout counter. I can't remember how we decided but Andrew chose to pick them out, so he scurried into the aisle and grabbed them as fast as he could. He threw them into the cart and of course made me push it the rest of the way.
Ten or 15 minutes later we arrived to check out and of course my little pre-teen self was sweating with embarrassment, while Andrew's job was already over. We loaded everything onto the counter as the cashier began scanning merchandise. Little did I know how not-embarrassing such a situation should be, but at the time it seemed awful. I kept telling myself it'd be over soon, but Andrew just couldn't let it be that easy. All the sudden he goes, "Wow Kristin, what are those for?" plenty loud enough for the cashier to turn and smile at us. I was mortified. I turned bright red and probably would've turned and hit him if I wasn't so busy dying of embarrassment.
As if it wasn't bad enough, Andrew refused to carry the bag home because it was plastic, and he insisted you could see the package through the plastic. I hauled it back to the Schobergs, fuming with Andrew, and I can still remember the smirk on his face. Morning couldn't help but laugh as we relayed the story to her, and I wonder if she knew all along what an ordeal it would be for Andrew and I to buy such a simple product on her Target list. At the time it felt like I could never go to Target again, never be seen in such an aisle. But looking back, it was quite the memory to share with Morning and Andrew, and I still look back and just laugh.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry, but that is too funny. It must have been after that incident, (when I'm sure Andrew Refused to get them again) that Morning started sending Bob for the lovely task! And Kristin..I hope you had a chance to repay (by that I mean embarrass)Andrew. No wonder you guys are so close..you shared a lot!
Post a Comment