Thursday, August 21, 2008
Funny Phone Call
OK, I have Shereen's permission to post this. She is home from the hospital but really tied up in bed because of several things. (Just having a baby 5 days ago is enough!) Anyway, she has rallied up Jeff and Jake to help with chores. Jeff is almost 10. The phone rings and Jeffrey answers it. Here is what Shereen heard. "Hello?' I'm fine, I'm doing laundry right now. Yeah, my mom is making me do laundry and I have been doing it all morning! Yeah, she's right here, bye" Then he brings the phone to Shereen, who's thinking its Grandpa Jim. Well, here it's the doctor calling to check on Joseph. (He's a little jaundice so they have to check levels of something) He said nothing about her slavery, just went right into checking on the baby. Too funny. She told me another funny but I can't remember it, since it was all of two hours ago!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so cute. I stopped there today to drop off a hot dish and Jeffrey answered the door and said "Hi Grandma". I said "I must look like your Grandma", and he was so embarassed. I must look like Denise with my sunglasses on. He said something like "this is what it sounds like around here now" because Shereen was giving Joseph a bath and he was crying. She put him right into this snuggly terry cloth outfit meant to dry him off and keep him warm and he instantly stopped shivering and was calm. I got to hold him just like that and ohhhh how that feels so good to hold a newborn and have him look at you and be so innocent!!
Post a Comment